Nipper Sunday Information
Sign on and Sign Off
Please arrive at 8am for the 8:15am announcement and an 8:30am sharp start on the beach. Sign in your Nipper/s in the age folders on the sign on table and review the notices. Place water bottles in the allocated age boxes. Nippers must be ready with sunscreen, swimmers on and caps tied immediately after sign on. Children will be taken for a short warm-up run immediately after the morning announcement. After the warm-up each age group will meet their Age Manager at their specific age flag. At the conclusion of the morning parents/guardians MUST sign their own child out. At least one Parent/Guardian or a nominated person must be present at the beach for the duration of the morning program.
What to Bring
- Completed forms or a copy of the online payment receipt if signing up online (first day)
- New Nipper – Birth certificate or passport / New Parent – Photo ID (first day)
- Age coloured cap (compulsory with straps tied and must be on once Nipper is signed on)
- Pink rashie (compulsory and must be on once Nipper is signed on)
- A warm wetsuit or neoprene vest (under the pink rashie) can be beneficial at the beginning of the season
- Swimmers (Nobby’s Beach SLSC uniform preferred, compulsory for carnivals)
- Towel and hat (optional for after Nippers)
- Water bottle with name on it (fill with ice as it can get hot in the sun)
- Sunscreen and Zinc (applied before the start of Nippers)
Wet Weather Information
Nippers will run unless participant safety is assessed to exceed predefined SLSQ risk management thresholds. This could be caused by adverse surf conditions, weather (wind, hail, storms, temperature), vertical escarpment and others.
In the event that Nippers is cancelled, relocated or postponed a:
- A text message will be sent to your mobile number as listed in the membership database.
- Notification will be posted on the Nobbys Beach Nippers Members Page Facebook Group.