Training and Carnival Info
Nippers participate in a variety of carnivals during the season designed to enhance their surf skills and confidence.
The carnival schedule and relevant entry and nomination information will be available on this page ahead of these events.
Nobby’s Beach SLSC offers a training program open to all members who wish to keep fit and healthy whilst also improving their surf lifesaving skills. Currently we offer a dedicated water event training, beach event training and surf rescue training. All members are encouraged to attend as the overall program is designed to cater for all age groups and levels of competency. The program aims to encourage club unity and has a ‘team focus’ to foster the development of participants both socially and competitively within the club. Find out more info about the Nobby's surf sports program here.
- Surf Lifesaving Queensland schedules a number of carnivals at a variety of local beaches each season. Nippers are encouraged to participate however attendance is not compulsory.
- The 2 main carnival organizing bodies in our area are Point Danger Branch (PDB) and South Coast Branch (SCB)
- Age categories are U8 – U10 and U11 – U14
- All competitors must have completed a beach run-swim-run and competition swim proficiency
- Nobby’s club swimmers, club/carnival cap and pink rashie are compulsory
- Carnival fees are covered by the club, however late entry fees must be paid by the member
- A Carnival Coordinator will advise all members when carnival applications are open
- Carnival forms will be available on the website and the sign on table on Sundays
- Entries must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the carnival
- All U8 – U10 SCB carnival competitors will receive a participation medal at the end of the season
- Carnival dates can be found on the Nippers Calendar in this handbook and on the website
On the day
- Arrival is usually 7.00am however this will be confirmed by your Age Manger the week prior
- A warm up will be conducted by the Club Coach at 6.30am
- Marshaling of Nippers commences around 7.45am
- A Nobby’s tent will be set up for the Nippers and an event schedule posted in the tent
- Boards will be transported to and from the venue in the club trailer Assistance will be required from Parents and Nippers to set up and pack up
- BYO shade, beach umbrella, chair, food, water, sunscreen, swim goggles and warm clothes
- Carnival finish times vary but are usually between 2pm and 4pm