Surf Sports Profiles
The heart of the Surf Sport team here at Nobby's Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
Nick Marshall - Head Coach, Club Water Coach
- Head Nobby's Coach for last 9 years, previously at Burleigh Heads and Kurrawa.
- Assistant Coach for the Australian Junior Development team that travelled to Japan.
- Current South Coast Branch Coach and SLSQ High Performance Development Team Coach.
- Director of Medical Services and Physiotherapist for the Australian Lifesaving Team, Queensland Lifesaving Team and the Nutri-Grain Ironman series.
- Creator of the Albatross Nippers Inc.
Best Part About Nobby's: The Family, Fun and Friendships, Nobby’s is a club built around hard working volunteers from our local area. People you see in your street or neighbourhood everyday putting back in to the community to make our beach and our youth safe. In so many other clubs you can just feel like a number, but at Nobbys, you're family.
murdoch finch - club beach coach
Background: Former Australian and World Beach Flag medalist, and New Zealand squad member. Originally from New Zealand I moved to Australia in 2014 to train full-time. I have a background in a variety of sports and began my surf sport career as a swimmer. I have a deep seeded love for the beach and a passion for beach events. Current South Coast Branch Beach Coach
Best Part About Nobby's: Although I am new to Nobby's, I'm drawn to family-like culture the club offers. I'm excited to get to know everyone and to be a part of the community. I look forward to the season ahead and having some fun on the beach.
Dan Homer - Assistant Club Water Coach
- Joined Nobby’s as an U10 nipper, medallist and finalist at various branch, interbranch, state and national carnivals.
- Current SLSQ High Performance Development Team Coach.
- 2015/2016 South Coast Branch Rookie Coach of the Year.
- Former Junior Assistant Water Coach Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park SLSC.
Best Part About Nobby's: The best part about Nobby’s is the family environment and ‘team’ atmosphere, it’s great having a diverse training squad of many ages all willing to participate and do their best!