WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME AS A PARENT?
At least one parent for each junior member must remain on the beach each Sunday while the children are participating in junior activities (even in the older age groups, in case of an emergency). Children participating in the under 6’s and under 7’s age group must have a parent / guardian accompanying them at all times. If both parents wish to participate and assist we strongly encourage this however you must both be members to be covered by insurance.
Parents should introduce themselves to the child’s Age Manager and Age Group Liaison Officer. Feel free to approach your Age Group Liaison Officer to obtain their contact details so that you can more easily communicate with them on issues relevant to your child’s age group.
Like any voluntary associate the club relies heavily on the active involvement of parents. The club cannot function without people volunteering their precious time. There are a number of ways you can assist our club. We require all families to assist in activities on Sundays, around the club during the season and at carnivals. As part of registration.
If you have any questions about the above mentioned roles please don’t hesitate to speak to us at any time
How Parents Can Help
Other ways to help
- Volunteer to work on scheduled fundraising BBQ stalls.
- Nominate to be a committee member or Age Manager at the Annual Meeting of the Junior Activities Committee.
- Volunteer to help with the end of season / pre-season club clean up.
- Complete the Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) or Bronze Medallion to assist as Water Safety and Patrolling Member.
- Complete the Carnival Officials course to assist at carnivals.
On Nippers days
- Volunteer for beach set up and pack up of activity stations.
- Assist the Age Manager with Nipper sign on/off.
- Assist the Age Manager with head counts during water activities.
- Volunteer on the BBQ: Set up; cooking; serving; pack up.
- Volunteer to sell raffle tickets.